Among all the exterior elements of the house, the front door is the first thing that grabs the attention of visitors. Your all guests enter your home through the entry door, so it has to be classy and appealing. They can create the overall impression of your house, depending on the way your front door looks.
But remember, while buying a new front door, you have to consider a lot of other important factors like size, style, color, and material. It is that element of the house that protects your home from intruders, so it has to be strong enough to provide complete protection.
Choosing the perfect entry door can be a daunting task, but if you know what your needs are and how to buy the right door, then making the right choice will become easy.
To help you know how to shop for a new entry door, we are here with this article. After reading this, you will surely be able to choose the right front door for your home.
- Material – You can opt for a door, either made of fiberglass, wood, or steel.
These days, fiberglass entry doors are popular among people because they are less expensive, easier to maintain, and they insulate well. Moreover, fiberglass can face all types of weather efficiently.
On the other hand, wooden doors are hard to beat because of their texture, feel, and look. Treated wood can provide high protection against wood rot and is energy efficient.
When we talk about the steel entry doors, they are a great choice because of the strength and beauty they possess. On adding decorative glass, the steel doors become even more charming and enhance the overall look of the home.
- Price and Quality – It is always a good idea to buy things in the budget, but never forget to consider the quality. A cheap door may save your money initially, but it is going to cost a lot more on its maintenance and repairing at the later stage. It is obvious that you don’t want weak structure, poor insulation, and low-quality material for your home. Moreover, it will not assure protection. So be wise while making a selection.
- Location – In which direction your house faces is an important aspect to consider while choosing the front door. House having its front in the south is exposed to harsh weather conditions and directly face sun and wind. So, if your front door is also facing the south, then add strong doors with high protection. Also, don’t go for dark colors as they can trap sunlight, and your home will heat-up.
- Size – If you are replacing the door of your old house, then the front door size is limited to the current size. You can choose the size of your choice; only if the construction is going to happen from scratch. The best thing that you can do while shopping for the perfect sized door is to take the measurement and picture of the existing entry door. It will prove to be extremely helpful in making an ideal decision.
- Color – After selecting the size, material, and style of the door, now comes the turn of color. Color has to be attractive and should not irritate your eyes when looked at. It has to be soothing and should also complement the exterior elements and walls of your house. Also, consider the style of your home while selecting the color of the entry door. Don’t forget to consider the material, color, and style of the facade to choose the perfect color for the front door.
- Security – Highly secure doors have a solid core that makes it difficult to kick or break the door. To differentiate between the hollow and solid door, knock on the door. If the sound is dead, then the door is solid, and if you hear an echo, then the door is hollow, and you should avoid buying it.